My friend, I am so glad that you followed the banner to this page. At Emmanuel, we believe in helping hurting people. For this reason we have a Thrift Shoppe, Reformers Unanimous addiction recovery ministry and Food Pantry that are often used to help the needy among us. However, taking care of physical needs is only half the battle. The greatest need all of us have is the need for hope. The hope that there is a better place for us. The hope that our sins can be forgiven. The hope of a better way of life here and now. Please read the following Scriptures that lead to that kind of hope!
Here are the clear steps laid out in the Holy Bible that teach us how we can be forgiven of our sins and how to have eternal life.
1) Realize how much God hates sin. “For the wages (what we are owed) of sin is death…”
2) Realize how much God loves you. “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
3) Understand that Jesus paid the penalty for your sins. “But God commendeth his love toward us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.”
4) Turn from your way and trust in Jesus’ sacrifice. “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead thou shalt be saved…”
5) When we call upon Jesus trusting in Him, God saves us and keeps us. “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” The gift of God isn’t based on our performance or on our religion; it is based on the sacrifice of God the Son and our trust in him. I truly hope that you will come to trust in Christ Jesus and pray, “God, please forgive my sins and save my soul today! I believe Jesus died for my sin and rose from the grave. I am trusting in Him to save me and keep me. Amen.” Bible References Jn 3:16, Ro. 6:23, Ro. 5:8, Ro. 10:9-10, 13